Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Photo Exposes Police Cover-up of the Fatal Shooting of Jermaine McBean
(06-02-2015, 07:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quite simply, yes you are.  Unfortunately for you I recall, and I know I'm not the only one, the thread you started about a police shooting in the St. Louis area just before Christmas.  You immediately started ranting about police "murdering" yet another black person and that their account should not be trusted.  You even dismissed the incredibly obvious video evidence of the perpetrator pointing a gun at the officer.  If you're really trying to claim you don't have an anti-law enforcement agenda then the only person you're fooling is yourself because your posts, and constant threads, scream it.[/quote}

I am probably the only person in the history of the P&R forum to ever admit I saw something more than was there and apologize for it.

What I saw in that video looked nothing like what I read the police say about it.

But, yes, I did bring it up. And I will continue to bring up when I think any member of the police abuses their position. In that case I was wrong and admitted it. Ever done that?

[quote='Sociopathicsteelerfan' pid='10418' dateline='1433282885']LOL, sure that's what I meant with my post.  You're scrambling to defend yourself from an accurate accusation so you intend to obfuscate and insert words into my mouth.  If you disagree please point out were I excused, or have ever excused, genuine police misconduct.  I'm not the one painting a large group of people with a huge brush, that would be you.  I am calling you out though, yet again, for your obvious bias.

I don't know what you "meant" but your entire response was about how this is nothing statistically and you said nothing about the case itself. Not even a passing these two were just bad cops. I put no words in your mouth...I noted the lack of words about the case. I painted these two as another example of those "few bad apples" we keep hearing are ruining it for the rest of the good ones.

(06-02-2015, 07:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Whatever you have to do to get to sleep at night feel free.  Like I said, you're only lying to yourself because your own words betray you and they do so often.

Just as you automatically jump in to defend the job of police work...even when it is obvious there is some reform needed at the bare minimum. That is YOUR bias. You fluff off every event as insignificant. I see every killed citizen, even the ones who may have been guilty, as something being wrong with a system.

(06-02-2015, 07:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You notice the agitprop being bandied about by the Washington Post and The Guardian don't even come close to agreeing on the numbers of police shootings.  Even then they deign to lump all shootings together, because a totally legit shooting should absolutely be mentioned in the same breath as a bad one right?  Like I said earlier in the thread, and you seem to agree with, the agenda is being spoon fed and people are lapping it up.  The ability to think critically is gone in this country.

I have no agenda other than to share when people in power lie to cover up their own bad deeds. You obviously defend your profession. You can continue to do that. But you cannot deny that these things not only happen...but they happen more frequently than you want to admit. Ever.

(06-02-2015, 07:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: We absolutely do.  We also don't see a case of pilot error being used to label the entire airline pilot profession as incompetent.  Even a deliberate act such as that German maniac crashing his plane deliberately doesn't cause such public condemnation of an entire profession and guess what, that guy killed more people than every "bad" police shooting for at least a few years.  Read the comments section of any liberal rag and observe how LEO's in their entirety are "cowards", "bullies", "jack booted thugs", "racists" and "sadists" because of the actions of less than .0001% of their ranks.  You actively contribute to it, you're border line obsessed with it and no amount of money donated to charities or miles run at events changes that one bit.  At least be a man and own your prejudices, I could at least respect that.  Right now you just come off as the racist dude who, "has lots of black friends".

First problem...you read the comments. Second problem is what I do to SUPPORT the police is because I respect the profession...not to cover for anything else I do. I have never had a bad run in with a police officer. I've met a few jerks and a-holes and I've met some good one. I'm respectful and have taught my kids the same. But that doesn't mean I will ever turn a blind eye when one or two or a van full kill a citizen for simply walking home or for previously being in jail.

So I won't stop posting about it just as you won't stop defending it. And I'll sleep well at night because I know my reasons are for awareness...not to paint the entire profession as evil of jack-booted, or thugs. But just as I hope and work for a government that is better and treats its people better I will do the same for the police.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Photo Exposes Police Cover-up of the Fatal Shooting of Jermaine McBean - GMDino - 06-02-2015, 10:37 PM