Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Williams, Spain, Hopkins, Su'a-Filo, Reiff
The OL1's a house of cards. It may be decent as long as it stays upright, but it could fold at any time. There are at least as many questions as answers imo. To start, Jonah is nothing if not injury-prone. Hopkins is coming off a knee and has played only a handful (3?!) snaps since January. This is not ideal. XSF is never in shape and didn't exactly remind me of the Rock during preseason. Speaking of which, Spain has been awful so far. Reiff is an older god whose body could keel over at any time.

This isn't to say it won't work. Just that we haven't seen enough yet. And they're gonna get injured. There's no question of that. Fortunately, there's some compelling depth behind the starters, on whom we may need to rely sooner than later. I love D'Ante Smith; he's a very skilled athlete and a fine football player. Trey Hill is a cog (and a 6th round coup). Carman is getting better- certainly not getting worse- which tells me these young'ins are up for the challenge. Couple that with all of them being projects of Uncle Frank, and you're now looking at a group whose professional and personal goals are all aligned. Life could be worse. To draw an analogy from the investment world, we might not have the most robust portfolio, but we've diversified away some of the risk.

I look forward to seeing them on the field.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Williams, Spain, Hopkins, Su'a-Filo, Reiff - tms - 09-04-2021, 12:57 AM