Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor/Coaching staff Pros and Cons
Okay I decided to edit this thread because I think it was a bit much before. I just wanted to post some pros and cons of the coaching staff and which pros and cons might affect us this year. Then see what other people think are some pros and cons.

Pros:
Game/clock management
Playing rookies
Drafts
Free agency
Players belief in the staff

Cons: 
Game/season adjustments
Neglected the oline
Drafts
Wins or lack there of

I think free agency is the one of the positive areas of this coaching staff that will really pay off this year. We seam to have really built a defensive unit that looks the part we will see if that is truly the case.

Unfortunately I think for this year to turn out good Zac and Co. are really going to have to turn some of the negatives of they're tenure into positves. Game/season adjustment is most certainly going to have to be better. We are going to find out week 1 how we pass pro and how we run the ball. We need to attack these areas urgently and adjust our playcalling if need be to protect Burrow and/or find ways to get Mixon the ball in space.

As I said in the other thread the depth of this Oline is extremely concerning. We can't afford one injury let alone multiple and almost the entire unit has had recent injury history/issues. Our Oline and Defense have been terrible and we've completely rebuilt the defense while putting in minimal work on the oline. We traded away Price (which I get for multiple reasons) for more Dline help but leaving us even more thin on depth. 

I really think wins and losses aren't going to be what decides if Zac's time here is done as I think our ceiling for the season is 9 wins and it only takes a rough start to turn that into 5 wins. But if they fail to adjust or if injuries start to stack up and the Oline gets exposed he needs to go.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Zac Taylor/Coaching staff Pros and Cons - NUGDUKWE - 09-05-2021, 01:38 PM