Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Longest Week of the Year
(09-06-2021, 11:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This offseason has been relatively fantastic.  Only a couple key injuries, some new acquisitions, an exciting draft....but for me this week is also hell.  I can't stop thinking about how so much seemingly hinges on this one game.  If they can JUST get off to a quick start, and build some confidence.  

I want this win more than any non-steeler game I can think of (outside the playoffs) in the last 20 years.  I think with confidence, this young team can really get on a roll.  If they lose, I fear it snowball in to the demise of these coaches and we are starting all over again from that point and having to clear a roster for "his guys".  That is the last thing I want. 

I look at the entire team and how much better prepared they are for life in the AFC North.  The Vikes pose an interesting challenge because they have had a pretty solid offense, but a suspect defense.  That is kind of like matching their strength to our weakness and vice-versa.  Our defense is just so unproven, and I have no idea what to expect out of Apple at starting outside CB.  That being said, I believe the defense is that improved and will be really good against the Vikes.  The offense might start slow, but I think they have too much firepower for the Vikes.  Should be a good game, but damn....I am so wanting a win it makes my stomach flip flop just thinking about kickoff.  

I'm right there with you. I think it's important to get off to a fast start and I think it's a very winnable first game. So that will make it a lot worse if they lose. 

But as far as losing the coaching staff it would suck to start over but this is when we will see there worth/growth. Thinking about this game and hoping we slow down Dalvin Cook rushing but knowing even if we do he is equally as dangerous catching the ball. I haven't really had that thought about Mixon and we should. Hopefully we come in with a game plan to get Mixon in space not only because we might struggle running the ball but because it could help Joe. We need a good game plan to not only make it easy for Burrow but still be aggressive. If we have a poor game where we don't do much offensively that falls completely on the coaches in my opinion. There's too much talent on offense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Longest Week of the Year - Sled21 - 09-05-2021, 02:32 PM
RE: The Longest Week of the Year - Sled21 - 09-05-2021, 02:43 PM
RE: The Longest Week of the Year - tms - 09-05-2021, 03:14 PM
RE: The Longest Week of the Year - Sled21 - 09-05-2021, 06:20 PM
RE: The Longest Week of the Year - NUGDUKWE - 09-06-2021, 12:52 PM