Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor/Coaching staff Pros and Cons
(09-06-2021, 06:42 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I believe you are giving way too much credit to Taylor in the Pro's column.

Mike Brown and Family determine free agency spending, not the coaches. If you want to credit Taylor with the choices in free agency, then I'd like to point out that Waynes has yet to play in a game isn't as good as the guy they didn't pay, who was Willie Jackson.

Additionally, in free agency, do not forget the following deals signed since Taylor was hired: Bobby Hart 3 years, CB Webb 3 years, Miller 3 years, Preston Brown 3 years. All of which are long gone and were wasted millions. If you want to give Taylor credit for a good signing, like Reader, then you also have to hold him accountable for the horrible signings.

Drafting. It's hard to miss when you have the top pick in the draft, though many teams have. Still, Taylor had to suck horribly to bring that top pick to the team. That's something Marvin never did, bring the top pick by being the worst team.

Playing rookies. I'm not sure that this counts for anything at all. Marvin played rookies and even got the playoffs with a rookie QB and top WR. I think this one is more fake than reality.

Game and Clock Management. How do you know he's any good at these? Don't you have to win as a result? I mean if you are down 20 points with 3 minutes to go, what's the point of having 3 time outs?

Wins or lack there of. Well, since that's the whole point of even having a team to begin with you'd think this would be at the top of the list as to whether the guy should have his job or if he should be managing a carwash in Alaska during the winter.

Your right. I made an original thread but I think it was a little too much after I wrote everything out. So I edited it down. But in the other one I did say that I didn't know if he gets credit for all of free agency but we have been more active since he arrived. But you did bring up a good point on some of the misses in free agency which I think you'll have but I did over look myself.

I also brought up in that other one that Taylor could've had a couple more wins his 1st season if he left Dalton as the starter. But it would've cost us the 1st pick and most likely Burrow. But then I had a mind exploding moment that it could've gotten us Herbert. Not that I'm not happy with Burrow.

Outside of the 1st 2nd rd I don't think Marvin played rookies much or atleast not as much as Taylor.

Again good point on clock management. That one was probably also comparing him to Lewis again and the terrible challenges he used to do. Although Lewis would also have some bone headed time management moments as well.

Also not sure how much credit the coaching staff gets for drafts but I think it has been better. I think the drafts under Lewis were good but the just had a few at the end that were poor.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor/Coaching staff Pros and Cons - NUGDUKWE - 09-06-2021, 07:03 PM