Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hendrickson vs Rashod Hill
(09-07-2021, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, we all know Hubbard is a beast against the run. He said he spent the off season working on pass rushing, so I am looking forward to seeing how much he improved that part of his game. He's a hard worker, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the results. He will be helped by an interior line that actually gets pressure as well since Ogunjobi is in there now instead of Geno (that really hurt to type, I know Geno was trying to play through injury last year)

Exactly.  Lawson provided some juice in the pass rush and was actually pretty strong against the rush as well, but losing Reader and Hubbard to injuries, then having an ineffective Geno (that barely played anyways) doomed the defensive line last year.  

This year, you could look at the depth of the rotational pass rushers in Hodge and Sample (and would have been Ossai, damn it) to complement Hubbard and Hendrickson and they SHOULD be able to do a better job getting after the QB.  

Mike Hilton off blitzes will also help.

So much in defense comes from being able to rush the passer.  I really hope they give Cousins a nasty welcome to the tune of 5 sacks, a FF, and a couple INTs.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trey Hendrickson vs Rashod Hill - SHRacerX - 09-07-2021, 09:00 AM