Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-07-2021, 12:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I have a few questions with what's going on right now.

Why aren't we seeing more politicians or people like Dr. Fauci demanding we start implementing some of the measures taken last year to get this under control?  Even if on a larger scale (federal and state) they're afraid of pushback and non-compliance, I'm really surprised some of this isn't occuring more on a local level.

I think the pandemic was mis-branded by leadership in 2020 and the toothpaste can't be put back in the tube.  When you convince people that it is their patriotic duty to resist restrictions and safety protocols you reap what you sow.

If a politician said "It's patriotic to ignore the speed limit" we'd think the guy is nuts.  But if we push the idea that being a freedom fighter is ignoring lockdowns and mandates then you get what we have here.  Even Trump couldn't keep people who PAID to see him from booing him for suggesting they get the vaccine.

I tells ya, in my grandfather's day we had people willing to fight WWII and the people who were home were tearing up their fences and scrapping all the metal they had and quitting their jobs to work for the war effort.  Now we think it's patriotic to spread disease amongst ourselves.  It takes a genuine effort to be this damn selfish.

So it goes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 09-07-2021, 12:26 PM