Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac Taylor confidence level and expectations
(09-07-2021, 09:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So how you feeling about ZT & Co. ? What do you think are realistic expectations for this season ?

I must honestly say I just can't get onboard the Zac train. He's gonna have to put up some W's before my mind changes. I mean he just hasn't done anything for me to hang my hat on.

What do you think is the win level that would convince you he's gonna be worth keeping around ? I'm thinking 9, I'm thinking it's gonna take JB and the Offense 3 or 4 games to get clicking. I don't believe we're going to do very well early on.

But I feel the time for excuses is over, put up or shut up time.

I hope he does flip the switch this season and makes this team look like it belongs in the NFL. But I just can't help it. I have doubts.

I was all for changing coaches after the 2018 season. I really just didn't see the team advance beyond the weak playoff appearances it was doing.

But what we got instead was much worse than Marvin on his worst day. I had hoped the team would pull it together, but as I've said in other threads and posts, whenever I start hearing lots of excuses I know it's done.

Six wins in two years is not worthy of a head coaching position in the NFL.

Taylor has been given more free agent money to spend than Marvin ever had. He's gotten less out of more. Marvin got more out of less.

Frankly, Taylor needs a winning record to get another year. And even then he'll need a playoff appearance next season to get a 5th one.

In the Mike Brown era many coaches have come into an existing bad situation, in fact I believe each one of them has. Marvin took over a team with the worst record in the NFL and got 8 wins out of them. Taylor took over a 6 win team and got the worst NFL record out of them.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor confidence level and expectations - BengalChris - 09-07-2021, 03:54 PM