Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-07-2021, 12:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I have a few questions with what's going on right now.

Why aren't we seeing more politicians or people like Dr. Fauci demanding we start implementing some of the measures taken last year to get this under control? Even if on a larger scale (federal and state) they're afraid of pushback and non-compliance, I'm really surprised some of this isn't occuring more on a local level. Let me better explain with some examples....

My father goes to a Senior Center for lunch everyday. They were closed the bulk of last year and didn't reopen until February. They're open right now like everything is fine. I don't know why the organization wouldn't choose to close if everything we're hearing is true. I think it's also important to note that this is in Cincinnati which leans pretty left on the city level.

My local recreation center, which is funded through the city is open as well. They have a ton of senior citizens who use it, along with a lot of children's programs. I'm kind of shocked they haven't closed either.

Is there a sports team anywhere that is being subjected to attendance caps? All thoughout the country, in pretty much every sport, we're seeing stadiums and arenas filled up like everything is totally normal. Why aren't there people going nuts about this?

Like I said, I'm just really shocked we're not hearing for experts calling for lockdowns again. I'm also shocked that many of these publicly run local organizations haven't either outright closed or made some serious changes. I keep reading and hearing about how bad this is but it seems like we've just decided "well, we're opened back up; we can't go back now" which seems really odd to me.

Fwiw, I'm vax'd and I'm not writing any of this to belittle the approach of restrictions or lockdowns. I'm honestly surprised that so many of these things we were told we need to do to prevent this from getting really bad are now off the table. If they work then they work. And if it's getting bad again then it's getting bad again. How is there not a number of politicians putting pressure on the NFL or colleges to set capacity limits? How aren't some of these left leaning local institutions not going back to previous restrictions? Have we just resigned ourselves to there is nothing we can do about this?

They were telling people not to travel over the holiday. KY gov had to call a special session to try and address the issue because his power was stripped previously. There is still some effort out there. But lawsuits have already happened churches were given the green light to be super spreaders, state legislatures have taken power away from governors etc …

Basically the buck was passed on to businesses. And guess what businesses like? Money!!! Guess where money comes from? People!!!

Hence open for business.

I felt like an asshole sitting in a crowded movie theater last Friday. But I got the shot. Had I not. I wouldn’t have been in that theater.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - NATI BENGALS - 09-07-2021, 05:16 PM