Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to separate "talent" from "coaching"
I don't know if we should put a percentage on it (say...60% players, 40% coaching for example). I think it'd be more accurate to just say you need great players to win, but great coaches need far fewer great players.

I said when we hired Taylor that it shouldn't take 5 years to figure out if he's a great coach. You see an impact with great coaches right away. There are countless examples, but Reid and Jim Harbaugh were a couple good ones (among dozens at least).

Taylor has proven himself to be "just a guy" at best, and - more likely - a bad coach who gets less out of his players. Some will blame Turner or now Lou, but those hires were hand picked by Taylor. You can't blame the line because Taylor was well aware of that issue coming in, and hasn't pressed the Brown family to get more serious about it. Instead, he and his staff defended guys like MJ and Hart.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to separate "talent" from "coaching" - Shake n Blake - 09-07-2021, 06:44 PM