Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to separate "talent" from "coaching"
You'd think in a 32 team being fed by 130 D1 schools and a salary cap in place talent would be close to the same. Where your talent is on the field and does it line up with what you as coaches are trying to accomplish is an often overlooked thing. Parcells...Bellicheck....Ravens....Steelers....those guys/organizations have always seemed to understand that.

Like if we have Chase and Higgins running three yard outs or similar routes all year that a guy like Irwin could be almost as effective running I am gonna blow my lid. Parcells was really good at knowing this season I am gonna do xyz and I am going to ask a lot from Player X so I need a stud there and am going to pay a stud. Player Y just needs to do his assignment and that is all I am gonna ask him to do and I just need a guy there. Steelers know they have Big Ben and he's gonna extend plays. They aren't gonna pay WR's. They've let AB, Santonio, Mike Wallace and others too walk only to replace them with 4th/5th tounders who can run. Ravens always seem to have an idenity on both sides of the ball that fits where their talent lies.

Little League/High School ..... It's the Joe's not the X's and O's.
College.....Coaching and QB become more important but superior talent across the board can still overcome
NFL......It's a coaches/coordinators and QB league. Everyone has talent. Who's being put in the best positions to show it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to separate "talent" from "coaching" - bonesaw - 09-07-2021, 09:51 PM