Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to separate "talent" from "coaching"
(09-07-2021, 10:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: This was lame excuse #21. Taylor has been running his offense since he got here. It hasn't worked out well. Besides, he's suppose to be getting wins, not hobbyhorsing his favorite plays.

Wrong.

Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan have wanted to run a heavy wide zone offense with tight formations. He tried it early in 2019 but thr Offensive Line consisting of John Jerry/Andre Smith - Michael Jordan - Trey Hopkins - John Miller - Bobby Hart were struggling to not only get push but get to their landmarks forcing which forced the Bengals to be more pass heavy early and completely revamping the run offense later in the season. In 2020 wanting their Offense to be something their Rookie QB was comfortable in and the multiple offensive line combinations forced Taylor and Callahan to use a heavy run gun spread offense.

This pre-season we are seeing a wide zone similar to the 49ers. They have condensed formations with alot of window dressings such as jet motions. I expect to see less formations and more plays run out of similar formations the mark of a wide zone.

I understand your objective is to just attack the coaching staff but it's much more fun to talk about football.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to separate "talent" from "coaching" - Synric - 09-07-2021, 10:41 PM