Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to separate "talent" from "coaching"
(09-08-2021, 12:40 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Bucs have a ton of weapons, and Brady doesn't play defense. Hard to deny the talent there, and I doubt Brady went there because he thought they were terrible. Not to mention Arians is a great coach himself.

They won 7 games with their QB throwing what...31 picks? Add an elite QB, and that's what you get. They really had no weakness once they added Brady.

So then... you agree with me lol. Brady singlehandedly changed their fortunes. Pre-Brady, the Bucs weren't just a 7-win team coming off one bad year either. They had 7, before that 5, before that 5... the one winning season in the previous nine was 9-7 lol. Didn't exactly set the world on fire. Revisionist history notwithstanding, they were in molasses. 

If there ever was such thing as a "losing culture", TB were the poster boys for it right up until he came aboard. I mean, it's easy to look back now and say they were a potential champion slowed by one weakness. But no one was talking like that at the time. That "weakness" was a #1 overall pick in the prime of his career for whom many were still excited- despite the interceptions. In fact, his PFR Approximate Value in 2019 was equal to Brady's in 2020 (15)- again, despite the interceptions. It stands to reason that intangibles had a far more significant influence on the Bucs' outcomes than just one isolated statistic.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to separate "talent" from "coaching" - tms - 09-08-2021, 01:05 AM