Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to separate "talent" from "coaching"
(09-07-2021, 10:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Wrong.

Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan have wanted to run a heavy wide zone offense with tight formations. He tried it early in 2019 but thr Offensive Line consisting of John Jerry/Andre Smith - Michael Jordan - Trey Hopkins - John Miller - Bobby Hart were struggling to not only get push but get to their landmarks forcing which forced the Bengals to be more pass heavy early and completely revamping the run offense later in the season. In 2020 wanting their Offense to be something their Rookie QB was comfortable in and the multiple offensive line combinations forced Taylor and Callahan to use a heavy run gun spread offense.

This pre-season we are seeing a wide zone similar to the 49ers. They have condensed formations with alot of window dressings such as jet motions. I expect to see less formations and more plays run out of similar formations the mark of a wide zone.

I understand your objective is to just attack the coaching staff but it's much more fun to talk about football.

Spot on.
I think the OL we have can handle the scheme ZT wants to run. If so.. we have all of the skill players in place.
Just watch the Rams this year with Stafford, they finally have that QB that can toss it deep with accuracy. They been sputtering along with Geoff, now they are taking the next step and I won't be surprised if they are in the SB this year.

SF/McVay offense are similar and this is what Zac is trying to do here. Just hasn't been working yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to separate "talent" from "coaching" - Mike M (the other one) - 09-09-2021, 07:42 PM