Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Is Throwing The Ball Harder and Faster!
(09-09-2021, 03:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burrow's arm is looking BETTER THAN EVER, and his teammates seem to be noticing!

That excites me that confidence isn't a problem and, with his teammates noticing, it will help his confidence even more, which is one of the most important things a quarterback needs!

That's UNREAL because arm strength and release were the only two real knocks on him coming out of college and he worked hard to improve those, which did so while rehabbing his knee, which shows his determination and the characteristics that we need in a leader!

The rest of the team noticing will also help build their confidence and hopefully help them to elevate their play to match his!

Jordan Palmer has been helping to coach him and sung his praises!

I love that Burrow sought out help and that he's working so hard to improve!

Stretching the field would make it IMPOSSIBLE for defenses to cover all of other weapons and also keep enough defenders in the box to stop Mixon!

Burrow's confidence has me excited and the quicker release should help if our line isn't as good as we're all hoping!
To the OP on here, I also am rooting for young Joe Burrow.  I'm not sure how great of a mentor Jordan Palmer is.  This is not baseball and I have seen quarterbacks throw too hard.  I saw Terry Bradshaw in his early years and he threw too straight and hard. He learned to throw more catchable balls.  I saw Unitas against Bengals. Just watching Unitas in pregame warm up was great. Every pass right on the money hitting the receiver in stride, as if softly dropping it into his hands. I have heard Otto Graham for Paul Brown could do that.  Ken Anderson threw the ball so it was easy to catch.  Yes, sometimes a QB does have to rifle it in there, but the great quarterbacks show you don't rifle it on every pass. Hitting the receiver in stride is a thing of beauty.  So like you, I am rooting for young Joe Burrow.  He came here a pretty good quarterback, so I hope the Bengals don't completely change him.  Like all young quarterbacks, he will have to catch up to the speed of the NFL game, all rookies say the NFL is must faster than college. Being able to read NFL defenses and adjust to how fast the game is. He could also use some blocking.   Like you, I am rooting for Joe Burrow. GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow Is Throwing The Ball Harder and Faster! - kevin - 09-10-2021, 08:51 AM