Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question For Fred & Other Pro-Choice People
(09-09-2021, 09:10 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Personally? At any time. Of course the sensationalist argument will be "z0mg you're pro tearing apart full term babies!!!11!!1!" But the facts are that those are extraordinarily rare.

If we have to draw an imaginary line in the imaginary sand somewhere? I would say at whatever point the fetus can come to term independent of the mother. Usually around 24 weeks or so I think?

(09-09-2021, 09:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Agreed. Over 90% occur before week 14. Less than 1% occur after week 20. We don't need a line, but if we had one then, yea, around 24 weeks? The rare ones occurring then are likely not without reason.

(09-09-2021, 10:15 PM)treee Wrote: I don't think there is a precise time since there is still so little we know how the brain works. Hypothetically I'd say a fetus becomes a person once their brain has developed to a certain point. Certainly much later than when you can first detect a "heartbeat". I think viability outside the womb is a strong alternate viewpoint though and a good stand-in while we continue to discover more.

(09-10-2021, 09:17 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: My answer has already been stated. I'm with Pat and CK.

(09-10-2021, 09:23 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Open and shut case, Johnson.

Ok.  

For a woman that has normal bodily features, does she have two hearts?  Does she have 20 fingers and 20 toes?  

I could go on with body parts, but a baby has those body parts by week 24, so, if the answer to either of the above question is no, how can you argue that it's "her body, her choice"?

If the answer is yes, show me how every mother has 20 fingers and 20 toes, or two hearts, etc.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question For Fred & Other Pro-Choice People - BFritz21 - 09-10-2021, 02:47 PM