Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What has been 'the' difference?
(11-09-2015, 01:58 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: 0Paul Brown said winning makes believer out of us all. So so true, I been a fan since 1973, this is the best team we've had on both sides of the ball, the big difference this year 85 and 82. Marvin knows how to build a defense corners and ends, I think he has made believers out of the his players and coaches. Can't wait to the playoffs Andy has won games that no other. Bengal QB has done so let's let it play out.!!!! 
Healthy starters? Has to be - right? Look at what getting Eifert, MLJ, Geno and AJ now 100%, return of MJ etc back on the field has done.

Determination? I've spent a little time with some of the Bengals folks this past off season at my 'retirement job' at a local golf course. I can tell you that all of them aren't just hungry this year; they're fed up and motivated to do well. Whit described it as a very large nucleus, not just a small number leading by example. They've planned their work, and now they're working their plan. I wouldn't discount the power of this.

Coaching? First I'd defer to "determination", as that feeling isn't limited to just the players. For some reason I believe that the team could go undefeated from here on out, and we wouldn't see the end of what Hue could do with this offense. His impact here is becoming immeasurable. Guenther doesn't get a tremendous amount of attention, but what I saw in the past two games tells me whatever it is he's feeding the guys, it's working, and working well! And Marvin? He's hittin' on all cylinders so far. Definitely a man on a mission. There's been a quiet-like confidence about him in his press conferences, like he's finally got everyone on his page. As for the rest, I used to blame the position coaches for players looking unprepared to play at this level, even as recent as last year. Now, it's a rare sight to see someone on the field not moving towards the ball....just like you'd want them to do. If we could just get Tate and Hill to stop the sideways stuff....

Luck! Gotta have it. Without it, we'd be looking at an injury list with long faces. That scoreboard might look a little different had that ball bounced in a different direction, or the penalty that was (or wasn't) called, and on and on. You don't need much, but you sure need it every once and a while.

Divine Intervention? Is it possible that all dues have been paid, and this IS our year? Does such a thing even exist?

Did I leave anything out?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What has been 'the' difference? - J24 - 11-09-2015, 02:05 AM
RE: What has been 'the' difference? - Robhd7366 - 11-09-2015, 11:46 AM