Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the Bengals are a Playoff threat
(09-13-2021, 12:08 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I know I’ll be called a homer for this. I’m not saying that the Bengals will make the playoffs this year. I’m just saying that we’re a threat. I’ll explain why these two simple reasons.

Defense - Defense wins championships. That includes the AFC North championship. Yes we gave up 24 points. But we made plays when it counted. We lost Carl Lawson but Trey Hendrickson was in Cousins’ face all day. Yes we lost Billy Price (lol), but we got BJ Hill and his two sacks in return. When the game was all but lost, Jesse Bates forced the fumble that led to the W.

Joe Burrow - The offense wasn’t held back by Joe Burrow. It was held back by the coaches who held Joe back to keep him healthy. When we needed a few inches to avoid the loss Joe said no. He said “Im going to audible out of this. I deserve better than this and the city of Cincinnati does too. We’re going to win this game.”

Let’s be honest. Andy Dalton doesn’t make that play. Carson Palmer doesn’t either despite all the talent in the world. I have nothing against them but today truly felt like a “new dey”.

1. Bates had nothing to do with that play, was all Pratt.
2. Zac gave him 2 plays to choose from and even Burrow himself said that he opted out of the sneak, due to the amount of personnel they had over the C (Au165 also mentioned this), otherwise they would've run the sneak.

It was a common conclusion, not, "Burrow picked a different play because Zac sucks," like everyone is making it out to be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Bengals are a Playoff threat - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-13-2021, 10:05 AM