Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question For Fred & Other Pro-Choice People
(09-13-2021, 04:02 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Fwiw, only violent crime us up. Everything else is down.

Just posting that for clarity's sake.

Don't believe that for a second, my friend.  There's tons of diversion programs that take place pre-booking.  There's a huge one here in Los Angeles, most of the large agencies are participating in it.  So large chunks of criminal activity are not even being reported due to no arrest taking place.  Plus, and I've personally seen this happen, there's often a push to reclassify certain crimes to make the crime rate appear better for politicians.  For example, don't arrest or charge the criminal who just committed robbery with actual robbery, charge him with attempted robbery or grand theft person.  When you get into property crime the manipulation is even more severe, especially when you don't even arrest or prosecute for them.  Just because no one is being arrested or prosecuted doesn't mean the crime isn't occurring and the victim isn't being victimized.  

Homicide and high end violent crime is your absolute best barometer of the real crime rate because they cannot be hidden.  You can't erase a body and even the softest jurisdiction is going to charge someone with beating the crap out of someone.  All of the rest is smoke and mirrors.  Ask yourself this question, why would criminals just increase participation in violent crime?  The answer is that they do not.  These statistics are being manipulated because the people in charge know what kind of political bloodbath they'd face if the real numbers got out.  I see it literally every single day.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question For Fred & Other Pro-Choice People - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-13-2021, 05:28 PM