Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally! Some Real Tackling!
(09-12-2021, 09:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Outside of that one missed tackle and the penalty in the endzone, what else did he do in the game? Corners get beat, and a lot of them aren't good tacklers. If it was 1st and 10 and he misses that tackle, we probably aren't talking about it as much, but due to when it happened, it is magnified.

I still don't like to see a missed tackle like that, but overall the team tackling certainly was much better then we saw last year.

Exactly.  I also think that hold was pretty ticky-tack, as I saw a lot of Raven DBs do much worse than that last night.  

Apple isn't Owuzie, or even Waynes, at just $1.2 million for the season, but he is available and didn't give up anything (really) down the field which is what I am sure he was coached as the top priority. 

It was really too bad about that play call (whether you disagree with the idea of going with it or not), but had they punted and then got the ball back without giving up a score, or simply converted that 4th down play, the defense would have been able to play REALLY aggressive and tee-off on pass rushing without much regard to the running game.  

That is a QB nightmare, and we have seen it happen the other way around too many time.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally! Some Real Tackling! - SHRacerX - 09-14-2021, 08:37 AM
RE: Finally! Some Real Tackling! - TheFan - 09-12-2021, 10:31 PM
RE: Finally! Some Real Tackling! - TheFan - 09-12-2021, 11:04 PM
RE: Finally! Some Real Tackling! - Joelist - 09-12-2021, 10:00 PM
RE: Finally! Some Real Tackling! - TheFan - 09-12-2021, 11:02 PM
RE: Finally! Some Real Tackling! - Sled21 - 09-14-2021, 09:21 AM