Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greg Hardy and the chance in Bengals mentality
(11-09-2015, 06:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you seriously comparing a man beating up another man to a man beating up a woman?

And you think Hardy was justified in beating this woman because she made him jealous?  He "did what he does" and that makes her to blame?

Seriously?

Greg Hardy did go to court.........and the only time the evidence was presented to the court he was convicted.

Yes, I am comparing violence to violence. Why would I protect one gender but not the other? Are women not equal to men? Is that what you're asserting...that women deserve special protections?

Are you saying no women have ever deserved to be hit...but almost all men do?

For example, dude breaks Geno Smith's jaw. He is released from the Jets, obviously...then what? Signed the very next day? Yes? Where's the outrage? Where are the protests? Did announcers refuse to speak that guy's name in the preseason?

Coaches put out bounties that caused physical harm. Were they banned for life? Naw. Sean Payton and Greg Williams are still at it.

Hey, if you want zero tolerance for violence...fine. Just don't pretend victims only come with vaginas. Let's quit being hypocrites about violence. Greg Hardy met every requirement from the city/county and the NFL. He lost millions of dollars, which is more than almost every other offender would have. Stop allowing the media to set policy based on its own biases.

EDIT: My final thought is this: 
I have two daughters, and I've raised them neither to expect nor accept chivalry. It's infantilizing. It lumps women with children. I want my daughters to compete, not expect handouts and special favor.

Would I instruct a son to get in Greg Hardy's face? To tell him he ain't shit because his girl is banging Nelly? (Greg Hardy would kill him, right?) So why in hell would I instruct a daughter to do so? Why would I lie and tell her no man will ever hit her? Because she's my special little princess? C'mon. This is 2015. You raise children to be smart, based on changing realities...not deluded by outmoded ideas.

THAT'S equality.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greg Hardy and the chance in Bengals mentality - tigershrimp - 11-09-2015, 08:06 PM