Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow allegedly on a 25 drop back pitch count
(09-18-2021, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But many of those games he had 20 attempts by halftime and did not play much in the second half.  Here is how much he threw the ball in tough games

v. Texas... 39
v Auburn.. 42
v Bama.... 39
v Geo...... 38
v Okl....... 39
v Clem.... 49

The only big game where he did not throw at least 38 passes was a weird game against Florida where LSU scored 42 points but only ran 48 snaps on offense while the Gators ran 84.

That's the thing about that stat. I did one on Dalton a couple/few years ago about what his rating looked like on certain numbers of pass attempts. He fell in the same range, best when around 30ish attempts.

Usually, one of two things happen when QBs are successful around that amount of snaps--which i wouldn't be surprised to find out most if not all are really successful there--either they're super efficient with a smaller number of attempts, which you alluded to, and score at a high rate, or you have a strong running game getting chunk yards and touchdowns. 

On a side note, that whole "balanced attack" is a bit outdated now-a-days. If a team is susceptible to the pass and you're having success early, keep passing. BB used to go into Pitt games and say eff the run and Brady would throw it 50+ times and they would win. 

If you have success running early, great, i just don't think it's as important to go into a game with the mindset that you need to be balanced. You need to go into a game with the mindset that you're going to do whater is necessary to win the game. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow allegedly on a 25 drop back pitch count - rfaulk34 - 09-18-2021, 12:50 PM