Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greg Hardy and the chance in Bengals mentality
(11-09-2015, 08:06 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: Yes, I am comparing violence to violence. Why would I protect one gender but not the other? Are women not equal to men? Is that what you're asserting...that women deserve special protections?

Are you saying no women have ever deserved to be hit...but almost all men do?

For example, dude breaks Geno Smith's jaw. He is released from the Jets, obviously...then what? Signed the very next day? Yes? Where's the outrage? Where are the protests? Did announcers refuse to speak that guy's name in the preseason?

Coaches put out bounties that caused physical harm. Were they banned for life? Naw. Sean Payton and Greg Williams are still at it.

Hey, if you want zero tolerance for violence...fine. Just don't pretend victims only come with vaginas. Let's quit being hypocrites about violence. Greg Hardy met every requirement from the city/county and the NFL. He lost millions of dollars, which is more than almost every other offender would have. Stop allowing the media to set policy based on its own biases.

EDIT: My final thought is this: 
I have two daughters, and I've raised them neither to expect nor accept chivalry. It's infantilizing. It lumps women with children. I want my daughters to compete, not expect handouts and special favor.

Would I instruct a son to get in Greg Hardy's face? To tell him he ain't shit because his girl is banging Nelly? (Greg Hardy would kill him, right?) So why in hell would I instruct a daughter to do so? Why would I lie and tell her no man will ever hit her? Because she's my special little princess? C'mon. This is 2015. You raise children to be smart, based on changing realities...not deluded by outmoded ideas.

THAT'S equality.
^^^^^^^

He brings up some good points.

There are reasons to hit anybody.  I don't think that a person should always act on those reasons, but there are reasons none the less.  With that said, there is a difference between hitting a woman who kinda deserves it (like Pacman did in Cincy), and beating the dog shit out of, and choking a girlfriend.  Hardy was way over the line.  Media bias doesn't tell me that...  My conscious does.  If she had a reputation as a gold digger, as some have said that she did, then it is on Hardy to kick her to the curb.  He's a scumbag. 

Now...  Should the Bengals have attempted to sign him?  No.  Is he that much better (if at all) than Carlos Dunlap?  I don't think so.  Some of us just want the team to go after any name that is available.  How many wins has Greg Hardy produced in Dallas?...  Zero.

On to this "banging Nelly" thing.  Was this Holder woman doing that?  If so, perhaps he is the problem.  He was there, along with Pacman when the dude ended up in a wheelchair at the "scrip club"...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWSKeR8GW1g
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greg Hardy and the chance in Bengals mentality - jason - 11-09-2015, 09:48 PM