Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coordinators just as important as Head Coach
(09-20-2021, 11:10 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I know everyone's looking to replace Zac Taylor and, I'm not saying I want him to stay on as Bengals HC, but I think we are all not realizing that Zac and Marvin Lewis have taught us a very important lesson: coordinators are just as important to a team's success as HC.

Marvin Lewis was a good coach, but our best seasons with him are when we had at least 1 good-to-great coordinator on either offense or defense.

Now, Lou might turn into a good coordinator now that he has some good players on d (then again, when we absolutely needed a stop in the 4th QTR, yesterday, we gave up a 1st down run to a rookie QB). But, clearly we need a new offensive playcaller.

So, yes, replace Zac Taylor if he and the team fails again this season, but more care needs to be taken to find the right coordinators.

main problem is Zac is his own OC   brian is here in title only.     Luo has become a good coordinator     Zac is still treading water with 50 pound ankle weights.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coordinators just as important as Head Coach - XenoMorph - 09-20-2021, 11:18 AM