Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor Blames Turnovers for loss
(09-20-2021, 10:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, and I can't say I'm a fan of the way the offense is being called this year. But, face it Taylor can't win. If he has Burrow throwing downfield, he's taking too many chances with getting him killed and needs to run the ball.  If he runs the ball with Mixon, he needs to take more shots downfield or throw the intermediate routes. If he throws the intermediate routes, he should have gone downfield. He's always going to be wrong in the minds of some people here, no matter what he does. Yesterday, I think he was just trying to keep Burrow from getting reinjured. Seeing Burrow limping off the field last week scared him IMO. 
I get what your saying and your not wrong but I think it's really just an inability to attack a teams shown weakness and also an inability to adjust for our own weaknesses ( thru 2 weeks so far ). Also I don't think we play to our own players strengths very well. If were struggling to run maybe get Mixon some targets instead of giving Uzomah plays in the flat give him deeper routes. I'm not suggesting Sample is the cure for our offense but the dude gets north and south quickly on short throws ( not targeted yet this season ). Don't ask Chase to block a safety on what could be an important 3rd and 1 ( bring in an extra tackle )

I know all this is easier with hindsight which is kind of your point. But the 1st 2 weeks of the season each game we 7 different players targeted in each game with the only difference being week 1 we targeted Thomas and week 2 it was Chris Evans instead. Thats just not creative enough.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor Blames Turnovers for loss - NUGDUKWE - 09-20-2021, 12:15 PM