Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams from Booger McFarland
(09-21-2021, 02:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I going to think outside the box. Why don't we just get a guard that can play guard
Makes to much sense. They need to get all these missed assignments fixed, that'll go a long way. Stop going empty then bringing Mixon in motion back to backfield to block, he's not good at it. They telegraph what they're doing way to often. Yea teams can tell if you're running or throwing a good bit but when they go empty they almost always if not always know what you're doing. 

Put some damn max protect packages out there at times. Go 2 tight ends run and throw out of it. Want to get the ball out quick, throw traditional screens to the back or some wr and or tight end screens. Try to slow their pass rush and their penetration down. Use the 2 tight ends to attack the seams.

Sunday I didn't see any tight ends or even slot recievers challenge the seams over backers and under safeties of a cover 3 like you should. I can only recall one screen to Chase late in the 4th quarter as well, both things that should have absolutely been done that Zac didn't do. 

The missed assignments fixed, competent game plan, packages, playcalling and coaching could go a long way to help things. I don't know when the last time I saw a team say they wanted to get the ball out quick protect the line and their qb but did not throw any screens or use max protect or tight ends to slow the rush down, probably never have. Didn't even bother changing at halftime despite seeing the Bears in zone looking into the backfield and following Burrows eyes the whole game. To top it off everyone knew Bears weakness on defense was their secondary coming in and he didn't challenge them either. 

Hopefully Hopkins can get back right soon or at least similar to where he was before the injury or he's gonna have to be replaced. There's no way you can keep letting him get whooped physically like this again and again. That with the missed assignment and or communication bs fixed and Zac being even semi competent could go a long way. Better fix it soon though because it's only game 2 and already players are speaking up about the terrible playcalling.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jonah Williams from Booger McFarland - StripesEarned - 09-21-2021, 02:38 PM