Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN joins in calling out Zac Taylor's plays
(09-22-2021, 02:48 PM)3wt Wrote: I realize Zac is trying to establish an offensive identity that involves developing a strong running game.  That usually means you're going to have to stick with the running game to establish it.

But you have to be flexible enough to adjust a game plan to fit the specific defense and the game situation.

I feel like he was unwilling to do that, and by the time he adjusted it was too late.

There are times to stick with your game plan and times to make an adjustment.  You have to know what time it is.

I've been a Zac apologist.   But I'm really unhappy with the play calling against the Bears.   I felt like we easily had the personnel to win that game, and felt like we totally ignored what beat them the week before.

Yes the Rams have a better offensive line, but not that much better.  As other posters have pointed out, not every long route he tried to connect with ended up with him being abused.

The best OCs know that if a team has a good pass defense, try attacking in the run game and get short passes to march down the field.
If a team has a stout run defense, focus on the passing game.
If the team has a bad secondary, try going deep.
If the team has bad LBs, try attacking the middle of the field.
OCs that can't adjust their playcalling based on what the opponent is doing are not going to be among the best.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN joins in calling out Zac Taylor's plays - ochocincos - 09-22-2021, 06:14 PM