Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN joins in calling out Zac Taylor's plays
(09-22-2021, 11:25 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Lots of good takes in this thread.

I do think Lazor had our offense humming before all the injuries took hold. We were killing it. Then Eifert gets hurt. Then AJ. Then everyone else. I liked what Lazor did when he had all the weapons at his disposal.

Obviously lots of questions that need answering about Zac's play-calling. There was a point last year where I thought we did hit a groove. We passed it way too much, but it gave us the best chance to move the ball. I do think we need to set up the run with the pass and utiilize our playmakers more.

I'd love to see more runs out of shotgun (these were some of our most successful runs last year). Overall Zac needs to switch it up and not be so predictable based on formation. Make it look like you're gunna pass, then do a draw play. Make it look like you're gunna run, then attack through the air with some extra blocking help. Change things up. And for God's sake attack the defense. Max protect. Whatever you have to do. But attack. And target the weakness of the defense please.
I recall vividly under Lazor , 3 different players caught
TDs from.Dalton in.that Falcons game
Eifert caught a SEAM ROUTE
AJ scored on a quick out 
And John.Ross of all people scored on 40 yd simple 
Go route up the hash marks
And I think Gio scored on a run.
When 4 different guys can.score in one game
That tells me the OC is using all the  playbook 
And the QB isnt afraid to spread wealth

One thing I.noticed about Burrow so far this year
He isnt spreading the ball distrubution wise.
That INT he threw to Jaylon Johnson staring
Higgie down tells me he is locked on 2 targets at the 
Most on any given pass.
He isnt going.through.his reads.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN joins in calling out Zac Taylor's plays - impactplaya - 09-22-2021, 11:49 PM