Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN joins in calling out Zac Taylor's plays
If Taylor doesn't turn it around he's going to be fired after this season. We have way too many offensive weapons to be struggling that badly offensively. We never threw a pass over 10 yards the whole first half and put up 0 points. We don't need to bomb the ball 50 yards every play but throwing some 10 yard to 30 yard passes would keep the defense honest and not sit on short routes.

I don't blame Burrow for the bad play calling because even though he can audible out of plays it isn't like he can just choose whatever play he wants. Taylor will call two plays and Burrow can audible out of the first and choose the second play, but if both plays are bad then what can Burrow do about it. He can basically choose from two bad options.

Taylors press conference was just an excuse factory as usual where he blamed turnovers, wide receivers not running correct routes, offensive line play and the defense not making timely stops. He never once mentioned his own horrible play calling

The reason we probably put up points in the 4th quarter was because the Bears went to the prevent defense and were giving up yards. It gave Taylor a false sense of success. In Taylors mind we were close and if we only clean up a few things we'll win those close games. The truth is the comeback we mounted will happen 1 out of 10 times, and if we get behind like that we'll lose more than 90% of the time.

The guy is stubborn and seems to refuse to change the game plan even when it is obvious it is not working. He can take that stubbornness out the door with him when he gets fired at the end of the season if we don't turn it around.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN joins in calling out Zac Taylor's plays - wolverine515151 - 09-23-2021, 01:22 AM