Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN joins in calling out Zac Taylor's plays
(09-23-2021, 12:25 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I saw on Paul Dehner's twitter that Zac had said the Bengals identity is to be punishingly efficient running the ball to the point opponents have to bring defenders into the box and then unleash Joe. Does it sound like he wants our identity to be the Browns? Not that the Browns don't have a good thing going right now. But does he realize that the Browns have a really good offensive line and if that was what you wanted our identity to be maybe you take an oline in RD 1.
It's things like this that make me think Taylor is just completely clueless.

I like the idea of being punishingly efficient running the ball to get them to stack the box and the unleash Joe, but we dont have the roster for that right now in my opinion. With what we have, it seems like we may be better to open it up more and pass to setup the run more. It can work well both ways. We dont have the OL to be a truly punishing run game yet, but we could build to that in the offseason. Right now lets work with what we got and scheme to our strengths. Our best bet to be that kind of offense is to hope that Carman and Hill both get good really fast and take over for XSF and Hopkins. I dont know how far along they are on that, but we dont hear much about them since preseason ended. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN joins in calling out Zac Taylor's plays - bengaloo - 09-23-2021, 02:06 AM