Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The lack of receiving depth is appalling
(09-25-2021, 04:29 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How do you figure?

I get the dislike of Thomas, but... 

Stanley Morgan is in his 3rd year after he re-wrote receiving record books in college at Nebraska, leaving with school records in career receptions (189) and receiving yards (2747), single-season receiving yards (1004 in '18) and 100-yard receiving games (five in '17), and consecutive games with a reception (38). So certainly a guy with talent who could develop with reps.

Then you have Trenton Irwin who everyone raved about in the spring and is on the active roster.

Plus, the two guys on the P.S. in Trent Taylor and Pooka Williams who it seems they are moving to WR.

As long as the targets Higgins was going to get go to a guy like Morgan or Irwin, then it could be okay. Running Tate out there (outside of redzone) and Thomas in general is kind of a waste.

Proves my point arguing 4 undrafted FAs one going into his 3rd year and has shown nothing but special teams and another converting from running back.

There is almost zero developmental talent outside the Bengals top 3 receivers. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The lack of receiving depth is appalling - Synric - 09-25-2021, 05:40 PM