Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch this video: police at the house
(11-10-2015, 02:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Accepting something as ok is not synonymous with realizing your best recourse is to comply and fight the good fight later.  An adult realizes when they're in a no win situation and acts accordingly.  A child throws a tantrum.  if your insurer refuses to pay on a claim you believe to be legitimate do you throw a fit or do you ask to speak to a supervisor?  When that supervisor also denies the claim to you throw a tantrum or do you take legal action?  You want LEO's to be perfect and never make a mistake, we get it.  I do consider it an odd stance for you to take considering how often you lambaste the profession but fine.  I also feel compelled to break the news that LEO's are human beings, they will make mistakes.  An adult caught up in one of those mistakes acknowledges the situation and the fact that their best recourse to resolution in their favor is not to throw a tantrum.  If you feel differently that's fine, my four year old nephew didn't understand why I wouldn't let him have candy for dinner this past weekend.  I'm confident he'll get it at a later date.

Who said perfect?  I'd like them to be better, sure.  I've told you,more than once, I do expect officers held to a higher standard than the average Joe on the street.  They are trained and, as has been stated, your best bet is just do what they say and keep your mouth shut when dealing with them. (Not something I disagree with as a practical matter...but do not like as a personal matter.)

(11-10-2015, 02:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Still a misrepresentation of what is being said. No one is saying they are in the least bit accepting of an infringement of rights. The difference of opinion is entirely about what should happen once the infringement of rights occurs.

Yet I understand what you can do after.  Totally get it.  I just seem to not like it more than most.

(11-10-2015, 02:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Being a cop is a tough job.   That being said if you expect respect from them and for them to be calm.   Probably not a good idea to yell at them and have everyone filming them.  

Maybe if these people put down their phones and had a chat at a normal volume this could have been avoided.  Instead everyone wants to record everything and post it on social media.

No, I'd say video recording them is the one of the better things you can do.  Being respectful is always a good idea in almost all situations.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watch this video: police at the house - GMDino - 11-10-2015, 02:46 PM