Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greg Hardy and the chance in Bengals mentality
(11-10-2015, 12:30 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Whether you realize it or not, your constant use of phrases like "feminist liberal" and "gold digger" while asking if we are only to have sympathy towards people "with a vagina" say a lot about you and your thought process.  Personally I have always believed that both parties lose if a situation devolves into violence.

Geno Smith is 6'3" and weighs 220 pounds.  If you can't see the difference between him getting into a locker room confrontation and Greg Hardy terrorizing a woman that he outweighs by probably 150 pounds, then I don't know what to say.  I really started this thread to praise the Bengals for the personnel decisions not thinking this debate would happen...

You are right that I'm politicizing. I'm anti-feminist. Perhaps I should have framed my response with that info so that readers could disregard it on political grounds. My bad.

That said, I disagree with the main point you make:
[You] shame the male by asserting that he should be able to defend himself against a beating, and that he is lesser for having failed to do so. His attacker was bigger, too. He was victimized. Geno's jaw was broken, which is more devastatingly violent and long-term damaging than Nicole Holder's injuries. He lost desperately needed playing time, prestige, respect. His antagonist is being made a team captain for having assaulted Geno---another shaming tactic against a male. On ESPN, the sports mothership, women were encouraged to express outrage over Greg Hardy. Compare: Over Geno Smith's assault, they made jokes. No one demanded a ban, no one protested. Same with Ced Benson's situation. We Bengals fans did not demand his release, despite two assault arrests and the vicious battery he inflicted upon his victim (see above photo).

So yeah. I definitely see the difference. It's fairly obvious. I oppose it for the right reason: it's sexist.

It's also shameless pandering to the female demographic.

Make an appropriate and fair policy for violence against people...not exclusive policies based on gender
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greg Hardy and the chance in Bengals mentality - tigershrimp - 11-10-2015, 04:05 PM