Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch this video: police at the house
(11-10-2015, 04:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ah!  I see now. No.  I was calling for peaceful resistance from the initial contact.  If that's what you want to call it.  Know your rights, don't do something just because you are told to if you legally do not have to.  If you choose to and things get "out of hand" then by all means don't raise a fuss until after.

Like I said, respect goes both ways.  

To me it seems as if you are thinking of a rights infringement only in the most discrete forms. But a simple stop that has no probable cause can be a violation of rights. The only thing that could have occurred as an infringement may have been what you perceive to be a stop made that had no cause. If that occurs, cooperate, ask why you were stopped (politely), request information, and go on about your day. If you honestly think that you were unjustly stopped due to whatever reason, even as simple as that, then file something with the department. Best case scenario for all involved is you learn something new about your rights. Worst case scenario the officer is reprimanded for his actions and learns better for next time. By resisting, even peacefully, you may escalate the situation and the worst case scenario becomes a lot different, for one or both of you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watch this video: police at the house - Belsnickel - 11-10-2015, 04:55 PM