Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow has been terrible...
(09-27-2021, 03:06 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don’t think QBR is that bad of a statistic, really. I calculate a stat that I call ‘adjusted’ QB rating and it has Burrow 24th. He has the third highest INT% in the league, behind only Zach Wilson and Trevor Lawrence. He’s also taken a large amount of sacks.

The concept behind it is that when a QB throws, they use a finite resource in a down. There is data to suggest that sacks and pressures may be more QB driven than originally thought (time to throw has a correlation to pressure %) , so the rating takes into account sacks as well. So, it penalizes negative uses of a passing down and gives a positive to effective uses of a passing down.

I agree that a lot of sacks can be on the QB.  But you need a way to decide which ones.  You can't blame them all on the QB if he is not getting any time to throw the ball.  If you could work in the next gen stats then you could give the QB the blame for any sack over 2.5 or 3.0 seconds or something like that.

QBs like Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson, and Deshaun Watson take a lot of sacks because they hold onto the ball a long time.  Burrow has also had a problem with that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow has been terrible... - J24 - 09-27-2021, 02:52 PM
RE: Joe Burrow has been terrible... - fredtoast - 09-27-2021, 03:13 PM