Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow has been terrible...
(09-27-2021, 03:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree that a lot of sacks can be on the QB.  But you need a way to decide which ones.  You can't blame them all on the QB if he is not getting any time to throw the ball.  If you could work in the next gen stats then you could give the QB the blame for any sack over 2.5 or 3.0 seconds or something like that.

QBs like Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson, and Deshaun Watson take a lot of sacks because they hold onto the ball a long time.  Burrow has also had a problem with that.

I can agree with that. It’s a hairy issue and I think the rating that I track would be best used as a TEAM rating since it includes sacks. Tracking a team passing rating, along those lines. Creating a metric that differentiates OL and QB sacks/pressures is very difficult. For instance, ESPN has pass block win rate. I ran a regression on that stat with pressure percentage and I found no indication that led me to believe it was a valuable metric. It had a positive correlation, meaning that as PBWR improves, pressure rate increase. That makes no sense. It was also a very weak correlation. Pretty tough issue to solve.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow has been terrible... - J24 - 09-27-2021, 02:52 PM
RE: Joe Burrow has been terrible... - KillerGoose - 09-27-2021, 03:18 PM