Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow has been terrible...
(09-27-2021, 04:51 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Not really. It operates on a scale of 0-100, 50 being average. It's a below average score, but not abysmal. The actual average of QBR this season is 53. The main reason his score is below average is because of the sacks and his INT rate (sample size as well, the season is very young. He hasn't even thrown 100 passes yet). His INT rate is particularly bad and I expect that to improve substantially. Overall, I agree that he hasn't been that bad but he also hasn't been that great either. I suspect that as the season goes on and the sample size improves, so will he. I don't anticipate him having these issues all season long. 

I was the guy pointing out that last year Joe just put up big passing yardage numbers because he was throwing the ball more than anyone in the league.

But I was also the one pointing out that Joe's most impressive stats by far was his interception percentage which was third lowest in the league.  Even the best rookie QBs usually throw a lot of picks.  Add in the fact that Joe was almost always playing from behind and in near "desperation made" and his low int numbers were even more impressive.

What I am saying is that I think that 3 pick game was anomaly.  Based on his interception percentage from his rookie season Joe should throw 3 ints about every 242 pass attempts.  So I don't think we will be seeing a lot more of 3 in one game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow has been terrible... - J24 - 09-27-2021, 02:52 PM
RE: Joe Burrow has been terrible... - fredtoast - 09-27-2021, 05:54 PM