Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow has been terrible...
(09-27-2021, 04:51 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Not really. It operates on a scale of 0-100, 50 being average. It's a below average score, but not abysmal. The actual average of QBR this season is 53. The main reason his score is below average is because of the sacks and his INT rate (sample size as well, the season is very young. He hasn't even thrown 100 passes yet). His INT rate is particularly bad and I expect that to improve substantially. Overall, I agree that he hasn't been that bad but he also hasn't been that great either. I suspect that as the season goes on and the sample size improves, so will he. I don't anticipate him having these issues all season long. 

Things like QBR and PFF try and gauge what an individual player does on a snap by snap basis, on their own merit. It tries to take out how other players affect their performance. QBR, for example, tries to grade a QB on what he and he alone did on each play, leaving out if a WR or RB takes a short/intermediate pass and runs 50+ yards for a TD. Also, how effective they are on the more "important" downs--3rd+distance, 4th QTR, leading/losing, etc. 

They're not terrible or useless things, they're just not as easily understood as raw stats. Subjectivity is always going to be the single biggest argument against. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow has been terrible... - J24 - 09-27-2021, 02:52 PM
RE: Joe Burrow has been terrible... - rfaulk34 - 09-27-2021, 06:27 PM