Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor's Gesture to Mike Hilton
(09-28-2021, 12:36 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: That was smart of him to do and Hilton is in Taylor’s corner for sure.
The big problem (if you want Zac gone)is that Burrow seems to really like Taylor.  The franchise QB is the one player you have to try to keep happy so I think Zacs here as long as Burrow still loves him. Now if they fall apart and end the season with another crappy record then even Burrow would have to be OK with a new HC.

I don't and never have liked that take.  Players should (and usually do) want to win more than they want to play for a specific person.  That said, ZT is very liked by his players.  I don't think that's ever been the question.  As PhilHos and others have stated (and has been my opinion) is that the guy seems too caught up in his own ego to let someone else manage the offense and let him manage the team like a HC should.  Which is the same reason I don't care if a HC brought in is an "offensive/defensive genius".  I want a leader who brings in coordinators to be the geniuses at the table.  

Zac has the people skills to be a good HC.  He just needs to get out of his own way when it comes to playcalling and putting himself in the weeds too deeply in any one area of the team.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Zac Taylor's Gesture to Mike Hilton - CJD - 09-28-2021, 10:20 AM
RE: Zac Taylor's Gesture to Mike Hilton - MileHighGrowler - 09-28-2021, 02:45 PM