Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we underestimating the return of Trae Waynes?
(09-29-2021, 08:37 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: I was a little curious when we signed him to the deal he got.  He looked very bad at times in Min, especially very early on, to where he was the guy who was picked on.   But he rebounded very well with more experience and he does seem to fit with the type of players they are trying to man the defense with, valuing pure fundamentals and tackling ability.   We need him back ASAP for the defense to hit on all cylinders.   Sans injuries, the defense would’ve turned even more heads than it already has.  Apple wouldn’t have been a point of exposure and Ossai could’ve been deployed as someone else for the protection to account for.   I hope we can keep Ogun around next year, add some corner help and get Ossai back and healthy.   The needle is pointing up on the defensive side of the ball, and it no doubt can keep us in games as is.

I have no doubt guys like Larry O, who signed 1 year deals here, will be given new deals. A lot of players this year wanted 1 year deals because they know numbers will go up next year with the new cap. If this defense ends the season a top 10, expect everyone back.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we underestimating the return of Trae Waynes? - Sled21 - 09-29-2021, 08:40 AM