Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our constitutional crisis is already here
(09-29-2021, 06:04 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Talking a bill to death is stupid and unproductive.

In your opinion.  I somehow think you'd have a different opinion with a GOP controlled Congress and POTUS.

Quote:The number of members of the SCOTUS has changed over time.

Indeed, when was the last time the numbers changed?  What happened the last time someone proposed "packing the court?"  Also, what would you opinion be on the subject if Trump had attempted it?

Quote:Your two examples involve fixing something that is broken or rigged in the system.

Again, in your opinion.  

Quote:Rigging elections via legislation involves breaking the system in which democracy works. That’s how I view the differences.

If and when it happens you'll have a point.  As it has yet to occur you do not.  You're indulging in partisan speculation, which is rather par for the course these days.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of many of the recent GOP moves, but I'm also not a fan of many of the recent Dem moves.  I certainly don't see this as a clear cut case of good versus evil as you appear to do.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our constitutional crisis is already here - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-29-2021, 07:06 PM