Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals last in the league in first down pass rate and why this is a necessary evil.
(09-30-2021, 04:02 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: [Image: nxazeXG.jpg]

Ugly, I know and I can hear it now, "Taylor is a terrible play-caller."  That may or may not be true, but I'm here to defend this graphic. Listen guys it's not pretty sometimes and hell it may even lose us a game or 2, but the bottom line is Joe Burrow god willing can be our franchise, elite QB for 15+ years. That is much more important than trying to win at all costs this season. Let's not get him Luck'd. Im fine with it as we are a young team, and not in a window-closing win now at all costs situation.

In a vacuum is taking the ball out of Joe's hands the best strategy to win?  No. However, it is smart for the long-term future of this team.  I want to cheer on Joe in 2035 en route to his 4th super bowl ring (conservative estimate).  Not go 11-6 instead of 9-8 in 2021 at the risk of cutting his promising career short.  That's all.  WHO DEY!!

I love running more... But we should still mix up what downs we throw on a little more.   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals last in the league in first down pass rate and why this is a necessary evil. - XenoMorph - 09-30-2021, 08:56 AM