Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use of Tight Ends after last nite.
(10-01-2021, 09:55 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well…. Actually read they had never practiced that last screen play with the TE as the recipient. Joe made the adjustment and CJ knew what to do…. So in a sense yes they were making it up as they went. (Idk how true it is, but that was something I read right after the game)

In empty they expect every player on the field to be able to line up at any spot. Uzomah ended up in a spot where they hadn't practiced that play with him in that spot before but they had practiced the play. 

As to the thread some of it was happenstance, the scramble drill was not necessarily planned for him and obviously the jail break was a check from a different play. I think his other touchdwon was a slide concept so that planned to go to a TE and we have ran that previously in other games this season just not for a TD. In reality, Uzomah was the benefactor of Higgins being out and needing a 3rd option. I don't think he will remain as involved going forward when Higgins returns but I think he provides a threat if we need to get to him we can and be successful. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Use of Tight Ends after last nite. - Au165 - 10-01-2021, 10:23 AM