Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday Night Football Experience
(11-10-2015, 09:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Visiting fans are going to have to expect verbal abuse.  But it should never become physical.  As soon as someone is touched or hit by something thrown it is time to start ejecting fools.

This, and I will add that once the game is no longer the focus and the verbal abuse starts flying, security should issue a warning.   If the warning isn't followed, then it is time to go.  My section has not had any problems for at least a decade.  Early on, it was hammered Bengals fans that were the instigators to ANY fan of the opposite team.  Once security got called to our section a few times, they seemed to frequently "pass by" during the games to check on the area.  It calmed things down right away.  

I get the taunting that goes on between fans, but I HATE the fan of the other team that turns to the crowd behind them and taunts the entire section after their team does something positive.  Although i don't have the authority to do anything about it (and, yes, they can look wherever they want), I usually just point to the field and say "The game is out there, not up here".   

I believe the security at PBS is really, really good.  They don't give second chances.  Once they get called to a section, and 99% of the people all point to the problem, they are gone.  I only wish during games against the steelers there were more of them.  Just their presence, sticking their heads out from under the tunnels, often calms things before they escalate. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thursday Night Football Experience - SHRacerX - 11-11-2015, 09:52 AM