Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our constitutional crisis is already here
(10-01-2021, 02:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't disagree with many of your positions here.  Where I see a danger that I believe you do not is in the speculation of the actions detailed in OP being presented as if they are a fait accompli.  If so, then is not any action appropriate to deal with such a danger?  The danger here is convicting people of future crime and thus taking "appropriate" steps now.  In much the same way that we both had issues with Miley acting preemptively, that is my issue here.  

The bolded just inverts cause and effect, making those who recognize of the problem the "real" problem.

It's the Trumpers who are "convicting people of future crime"--stealing elections. 
That's why anti-democratic legislation and even violence are now "appropriate steps" for the Trump base.

The OP offers, first, a largely structural analysis of the current political crisis, including legislation actually passed and a violent assault on the Capitol. It then draws out the crisis' likely implications--none of which is that "any action is appropriate to deal with such danger." 

Quite the opposite.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our constitutional crisis is already here - Dill - 10-01-2021, 03:09 PM