Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mixon Could Have High Ankle Sprain
(10-01-2021, 10:33 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: We got this info from the same list on the same website.   As for Duke he has never had more than 410 yards rushing in a season.  So honestly I'd rather see Gurley.  But there has to be a big reason why they are all waiting for a phone call when so many teams have injuries at RB.

Look my friend I'm not saying you are wrong.  I'm just saying that there is no clear answer to the Mixon injury.  We don't even know how long he will be out if at all.  At this point it is speculation.   Should the Bengals pick up one of the RBs as a backup/other down back?  Maybe.  But so far all the RBs on that list don't seem to have their phones blowing up for some reason or another despite several other teams having injuries at RB.

I figured Duke would be a popular choice due to his similarities with Gio. Same size and very similar production. Duke is a fantastic pass catcher, and could probably be a spot starter or rotate with Evans.

But I'm open to others. You could be right. This batch of free agents could be terrible. This seems like a yearly debate as to whether or not street FA's are worth it, but a lot of times when they get picked up, they produce decently enough. Who knows unless we do?

I just have trouble imagining a guy doing much worse than Perine. There's a lot more room to go up than down if you know what I mean.

I'd at least try a few of them out if I was the GM. Especially if this high ankle sprain turns out to be true. Then next year, I'd consider another RB in round 3 or so.

(10-01-2021, 11:17 PM)EatonFan Wrote: How about Evans?

I'd be all for giving him a shot with the way Perine is playing.

I just wonder why he hasn't seen more time with Perine not getting it done.

I do hate when coaches are bullish on underperforming players (especially RBs) when there's a young player behind them. What's the harm in throwing Evans a few snaps?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon Could Have High Ankle Sprain - Shake n Blake - 10-01-2021, 11:49 PM