Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow has been amazing, but...
Can we take a second to talk about how ridiculous passing has become?

Burrow is completing a whopping 72.9% of his throws. I know Steve Young held the record for like 20 years at 70.3% before Drew Brees broke it. Now we have 7 QBs at 70% or better, and Burrow is only 3rd.

Kyler Murray is completing 76.1%...which would be a good free throw percentage in the NBA.

Burrow is also averaging 9.2 yards/attempt, which is also incredible, and would easily lead the league most years I've been alive. Yet Burrow only ranks 4th in that stat, with 5 QBs averaging 9.1 or better.

In passer rating, Burrow is sitting pretty at 113.8, which used to be a staggering number. Montana and Steve Young once held that record at a shade over 112. Now Burrow's number is only good for 7th...which is insane.

15 qualifying QBs are currently sporting a 100 passer rating or better.

-------------------

I'm not trying to cheapen Burrow's accomplishments at all. He still ranks highly and is playing great football. I'm just wondering if the league shifted a little too far towards offense with some of the rule changes through the years.

...and please for the love of God, don't say this is evolution. The stats have been skyrocketing just over the last few years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Burrow has been amazing, but... - Shake n Blake - 10-04-2021, 04:35 PM
RE: Burrow has been amazing, but... - J24 - 10-04-2021, 05:05 PM
RE: Burrow has been amazing, but... - J24 - 10-04-2021, 05:02 PM
RE: Burrow has been amazing, but... - J24 - 10-04-2021, 06:21 PM
RE: Burrow has been amazing, but... - J24 - 10-04-2021, 06:05 PM