Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we looking at Brady vs Belichick all wrong?
(10-04-2021, 11:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: theres 53 players on each team its never just 1 guy

Tell that to the average Undisputed-watching fanboy.

(10-04-2021, 01:25 PM)motoarch Wrote: This is an impossible exercise.

What if Brady had been drafted by Washington? Do we ever hear of him? Does he ever play in a single playoff game?

What if Manning had? Does it really change much of anything related to his career path?

Something about Bradys play and career make me feel like he and Bill coming together were lightning in a bottle.

Brady has obviously taken advantage opportunity and that translated to success without Bill but Im not so sure he really achieves anything without him. At least not early in his career.

Im not so sure a guy like Manning works with Bill though. I think Brady was perfect given his attitude and coming in as an underrated late round pick. I actually feel Manning would have succeeded regardless of who drafted him and who coached him but would not have necessarily been better with Bill.

Theres no way to know and this is purely for fun but thats my 2 cents.

These are great points. Brady was a guy that Bill was able to take and mold. Back in their first 3 championship runs, Brady was viewed as a game manager. He didn't really post any eye-popping numbers at all.

His progression into best-ever status was very gradual and amazing to watch.

Peyton was more ready-made, and tbh what made him a legend was his ability to be an OC on the field. Not sure how that would've worked in New England, but I do know Peyton would've killed to have some of those defenses.

In summary, my gut just tells me Brady was a top 10 QB in a top 1 situation, with unprecedented longevity, and those 3 things combined led to him having the best resume in NFL history. In a vacuum with all things equal, I don't think he was a better player than Peyton or Rodgers. Maybe not even Montana, who I still view as the most clutch to ever do it.

It's fun to talk about though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we looking at Brady vs Belichick all wrong? - Shake n Blake - 10-04-2021, 06:03 PM