Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Ankle Update Monday Oct. 4th
(10-04-2021, 04:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I agree that the Bengals aren't going to cut Mixon after this season, but....

Dalvin Cook career average of 4.7 YPC, best year of 1,557 rushing yards/16 rushing TDs, 361 receiving yards/0 TDs
CMC career average of 4.6 YPC, best year of 1,387 rushing yards/15 rushing TDs, 1,005 receiving yards/4 TDs
Joe Mixon career average of 4.1 YPC, best year of 1,168 rushing yards/8 rushing TDs, 296 receiving yards/1 TD

Thinking that Cook, CMC, and Mixon are in the same place as far as talent and production ceiling shown is just not true, so they're always going to be treated differently. If Ed Reed missed 2 seasons, he's going to get more slack than if Jessie Bates missed 2 seasons. Doesn't mean Jessie Bates isn't good, but he's not Ed Reed good. Mixon is a good RB, but he has nowhere near the ceiling as Cook and CMC.

CMC is a different player then most any running back but I really don't think the gap between Mixon and Cook is that great. The gap in production for those two I would place completely at the feet of coaching and scheme. Cook is used correctly, there are times without question where the Bengals since drafting him have just given up on the run far too soon. Mixon was projected as the #1 back and a 1st round talent if not for punching the girl. Different line, different coaching and he'd be producing on Cook's level.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon Ankle Update Monday Oct. 4th - Murdock2420 - 10-05-2021, 12:24 AM