Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What I would do with C. J. Uzomah
(11-11-2015, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all there is a big difference between backpeddling into a zone and then flipping your hips to to catch up with a receiver running at full speed and flipping your hips when you are engaged with a receiver in press coverage.  When you are already engaged with a receiver the receiver is not blowing past you at full speed.  

Second of all you can't compare a TE to a D-lineman.  If Uzo was too stiff in the hips to play OLB then he would not be playing TE.  He is used to cutting at speed and keeping his balance.

You are further proving my point with this response. Gronk can shake and Rip him, he can swim him, or he could do any other number of moves to get a release and make the press ineffective causing C.J. to be coming forward (what often happens when you get a bad jam or miss the jam) while Gronk is running by him. This then would require him to be able to quickly flip his hips and turn and run, which is not an easy technique and has cost many CBs their chance in the NFL, then as C.J. finally gets around and is chasing, Gronk makes a cut, maybe even a curl, and C.J. runs right by him.

The best TE in the game is not being covered by a nobody TE who has never played CB, especially in press coverage! The technique of football is a huge part of football it's not about just being big and fast.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What I would do with C. J. Uzomah - Au165 - 11-11-2015, 01:05 PM